Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Car Dealership Fraud, wrongful repossession fraud,

Customer Question

Car Dealership Fraud, wrongful repossession fraud, misrepresentation fraud
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-f4y332lu- replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am the Certified Fraud Examiner who will be assisting you today.

I am very sorry to hear about this situation with your vehicle.

So are you looking for your options on how to get your vehicle back?

Or are you trying to determine if the dealer who sold you the car has engaged in a fraud due to not sending you the in house financing paperwork?

If you would prefer to speak on the phone for an additional small fee to get your question answered faster, please let me know and I can make that happen.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
first off, thanks for your help on this. Yes to both. They have been extremely rude and at this point, we want them to payoff the vehicle and cover attorney fee's. They never got us the in-house paper work and I would think, that would make the previous contract void.We wanted to make payments, but they never responded back to us.

So I want make to make sure I understand this situation correctly. This is what has happened so far:

1. You purchased a car from the dealer and they arranged in house financing for you. You signed the paperwork for the financing and took the car home. They told you the paperwork for the car loan would be in the mail to you.

2. The paperwork has not reached you. Even after you called them and asked for it, they never sent you the paperwork.

3. Now they repossessed your car due to non-payment, even though you never got the paperwork in the mail to know how to pay or who to pay.

4. You are now seeking for the dealer to pay off your car entirely and your legal fees for pursuing a fraud case against the dealer.

Is that correct?

If all of the above is correct, can I ask why you never contacted the financing company (bank) yourself and tried to pay them directly?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just an fyi. I tried to respond as soon as a I got this, but there was an issue with the website) They did not have a bank that I could reach. If so, that information was not given to me. The paperwork that was originally signed couldn't go through due to the lender they normally use denied to finance. That's when I received the phone call in regards ***** ***** in-house financing and was told they would send me new paperwork because the payment had been altered along with the term of the loan.The payment as in dollars was not given because the sales rep did not not at that point. I had called the dealership when a week or so had gone by when we hadn't received anything. I left messages and no one would get back to me.