MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.

I submitted a payment to someone over paypal rehoming fee

Customer Question

I submitted a payment to someone over paypal for a rehoming fee for a puppy. I paid the rest in cash. The fee was to cover all of the puppies shots and vaccines however, the tag provided was invalid. I reached out to the seller numerous times for vet records with no response and was forced to have my puppy get another set of shots and boosters. This cost more than the rehoming fee.Can i get my money back because she didn't provide what was included in the fee?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is yes. However, you will need to call PayPal and file a complaint/dispute with regard to the payment that you made to that person. If PayPal is unwilling to help, then contact the credit card company that you used through PayPal or your bank and dispute the charge with them.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.