Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I have been paying 517.00 dollars month a year. My farther

Customer Question

I have been paying 517.00 dollars month for about a year. My farther passed away in February after me taking care of him for 11 years and now I do not have the extra in come to afford my vehicle and need to return .
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Did you ask the dealership while you were there to take the car back?

If so, what did the dealership say to you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No they told me to try a credit union and my car was only worth 13.000 and I still owe 20.000 and would have to put 10.000 down to get into a cheaper car .

Thank you for the information.

Your only other option would be to contact the lender's collection department and ask for a supervisor. Once you get the supervisor, tell the supervisor that you can no longer afford the car and you want to voluntarily turn the car in--that you want the lender to send someone to come and take the car back. If the lender refuses your offer, then you should just stop paying for the car, but keep driving it until the lender repossesses it. You have done what you could have done at that point.

Best wishes,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.