Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
16823287

Hewit errored in our tax prep. thry gave us 13k which we

Customer Question

jackson hewit errored in our tax prep. thry gave us 13k which we stated was wrong but was told it was correct. the IRS is on us for payment. We paid 7500 to them. THE balance is owed to us by HP we paid a fee which covered 5000 in case of a mistake. also HP is responsible for fees occured the ammounts are 5000and 3000. We have been attempting to solve this with them for 3 years and can get know results.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Expert:  Maverick replied 8 months ago.

1. Who is HP?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry Jackson hewitt
Expert:  Maverick replied 8 months ago.

ANSWER: You will need to quickly file suit against JH for negligence as your time to do is only three years from the date you discovered their error in the tax return preparation. If that date has already passed, then you may still be able to salvage the claim under a breach of contract but you only have 4 years to file that with the courts from the date of the breach. This breach would include the claim that they need to cover your for at least 5k in losses. You will need to find a business litigation attorney near you to do this. While I cannot refer any particular lawyer; you may want to try this link to get started. If those don't work then you can also try a consumer protection lawyer at this link.