Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
16823287

Auto dealership negligence in putting wrong motor oil in

Customer Question

Auto dealership negligence in putting wrong motor oil in vehicle, that caused engine failure.
JA: Sometimes getting accurate legal information is crucial. Consider this one of those times. Fortunately, the attorneys we work with excel at answering questions, and I excel at matching you with the best fit.
Customer: In wake county, NC small claims court or district court for this matter $8400.00 damage
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, DOJ consumer affairs helped with getting me a response, that includes information about the using wrong motor oil. I spoke with them at 3:00 PM suggesting to take case to court dealership does not want to settle at this stage.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No have all correspondence from DOJ, dealership where vehicle purchased and Buick dealership that replaced with remanufactured engine totaling $8400.00
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

ANSWER: You can file this negligence action in Wake County small claims court since the limit there is 10,000 or less. The filing fee is $96.

Does this answer your question?