How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6386
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Auto dealership negligence in putting wrong motor oil in

Customer Question

Auto dealership negligence in putting wrong motor oil in vehicle, that caused engine failure.
JA: Sometimes getting accurate legal information is crucial. Consider this one of those times. Fortunately, the attorneys we work with excel at answering questions, and I excel at matching you with the best fit.
Customer: In wake county, NC small claims court or district court for this matter $8400.00 damage
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, DOJ consumer affairs helped with getting me a response, that includes information about the using wrong motor oil. I spoke with them at 3:00 PM suggesting to take case to court dealership does not want to settle at this stage.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No have all correspondence from DOJ, dealership where vehicle purchased and Buick dealership that replaced with remanufactured engine totaling $8400.00
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.

ANSWER: You can file this negligence action in Wake County small claims court since the limit there is 10,000 or less. The filing fee is $96.

Does this answer your question?