Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

Last year I had medication part D medical insurance with

Customer Question

Last year I had medication part D medical insurance with Humana health insurance program. Sometime during mid-March I received an ad from Ken Schulz, an member advocate of Humana marketPOINT offering an "valuable dental coverage" for as little as $21 a month depending on location which seemed interesting to me at that instance, so I contacted them a couple of days later, an agent told me they also offer eye program to solicit, seen I was interested also, he mentioned that there is going to have an administrative fee for these, but he did "not" mention that it is nonrefundable if I cancel the contracts, so the subject failed to comply with their obligation to inform the consumer if I later cancel the programs and they claimed that it is nonrefundable. Actually that was exactly what happened afterward, so I contacted the insurance company on March 27, 2015, and an agent called Delani told me to write down the certificate #901128095 and the amount of claim which was the amount of administrative fee charged and ensuing cost and send to address: POBOX 14729, Lexington, KY 40512 and state the reason for the claim, and I did as he said. And Humana replied with the administrative fee was nonrefundable. Seen that Humana had no good faith in their commitment, I tried to mediate thru BBB (Louisville, KY) and filed a complaint with BBB at 6/4/2015. Then thru some mailing with the BBB & the company which costed me $16.54 extra, then Humana came up declaring that in their solicitation recording, they stated that the fee was nonrefundable. Since it appeared that they have no desire to comply with the obligation of informing the consumer, so I wrote a letter to ask for a copy of the recording, and they mailed me what they called recording in a CD which was coded needing their password, after I asked for their pass, as verified with my brother's help, the recording turned out to be a hoax. Could you represent me in the court and help me to file a complaint against the subject ?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####