Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

First of all I live in Bay, WI..My Jeep Commander had to

Customer Question

First of all I live in Green Bay, WI..My Jeep Commander had to have it's engine replaced. My mechanic got a used engine from a salvage yard, after installing it he discovered it was bad. The salvage yard replaced it, and now after installing the second engine is bad as well I am out 1000.00 to mechanic and almost 4000.00 for a bad engine. I want to make the correct legal move the first go around. What would you suggest?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Request that the mechanic get a different engine elsewhere and make the repairs at no cost to you. The mechanic must also request that the salvage yard return the purchase money for the bad engines so that the money can be used to get a good engine. If the mechanic refuses to do this, then you can file Small Claim against the mechanic for all the money that you have now spent on the bad engines and labor costs.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.