Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

VW charged me a 44 month lease Wolfsburg but the engine was

Customer Question

VW charged me a 44 month lease for a Wolfsburg but the engine was too fast for me to drive, so they put me in a Beetle but I was too afraid to drive a small car (36 month lease),
so they put me in a VW Jetta and I assumed it was a 36 month lease. I called VW and they said there was nothing they could do. Odd that they took back two cars but could not give me a 36 month lease. At the end of this 39 month lease I will have paid VS $19,000. I
could have owned a car by now. Both Hyundai and Honda said they don't deal too often
with VW because of their poor ethics. I want to be finished with VW at the end of June which would be 36 months. I fee as though I have been taken advantage of and want VW to release me with no further payments.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Chris T. JD replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

When is your 36 months up? Also, did they lie to you about something or make some other type of misrepresentation? I ask because it's very difficult to prove that they violated the law if they didn't misrepresent something or violate the terms of the contract.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The Attorney General found out that they charged me a 44 month lease and I did not know that. The lease guy just never
mentioned the length. I thought I was getting a 39 month lease. The VW Beetle is not what I wanted but VW really pushed me
into getting it. I was afraid to drive it so they took it back and suggested a Jetta. They never mentioned to me that it was
a 39 month lease and as before they flew through the pages for me to sign. The gentleman who was my dealer and the manager gave each other a funny look and I wondered why. I am 73 years old and too trusting. I never thought to question
them. My question is still why they could take back two signed leases but not take off those extra three months. I loved the Wolfsburg and wanted to keep it but they kept on talking about trading it for another car like the Beetle. I absolutely did not know the Wolfsburg was a 44 month l lease so I am wondering if that is why they were able to break the lease and then break another lease and then put me in the Jetta. I think it was a scam on their part in taking advantage of my trust and age and being female. I now feel very degraded and hate the cost of the Jetta on my $900./month SS.

Could you explain a little further about the Attorney General's involvement?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I asked VW to reduce the 39 months to 36 months and they said that they could not do it,
so I wrote to the Attorney General's office and Mr. ***** *****, a Consumer Mediator, looked
into my situation. This is when I found out that the Wolfsburg was a 44 month lease. He told
me that a newer manager told him things that he didn't believe and told me to find a pro bono lawyer since both he and I felt that the new manager did not know what he was talking about. At the moment I can't find the letter that he sent to me. I can call Mr. Green and ask him to resend his letter to me if that would help. Thank you for any help you might give. Beth