Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience

I was given a bad check car 6 24

Customer Question

I was given a bad check for my car 6 24
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

*What State are you located in and asking about?

*Can you please state your specific legal question so we know what type of answer you are looking for?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't understand
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

You can sue the person for breach of contract and get a judgment against them to try to collect the money they owe you. Depending on the amount of the check, you may be able to do this in small claims court. You can also report them to the local district attorney's office since passing off a bad check is a crime; or file a police report.

Does this answer your question?