Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I have been a Health Insurance Agent in Colorado last 10

Customer Question

I have been a Health Insurance Agent in Colorado for the last 10 years.
Unfortunately, due to pneumonia it expired Feb 28, 2016 . I began taking the
appropriate courses for 24 credit and submitted to the Insurance Commissioner's
Office to reinstate me. It is now July 10, 2016. You talking about a mess. Right
now, all the companies that I represented as an agent, have terminated me.
I have called there at least 20 times, found the name of the person who is investigating
my background??? complaint?????. I am 77 and have never had either. My residuals
I receive from plans I have sold and they still have the same plan. has been very
nice to have and I need to get to the bottom or WHY IS THE REINSTATEMENT STILL
IN LIMBO?????? Maybe someone might respond back? I do not know how this works?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, we cannot tell you the reason that the Insurance Commissioner's office is taking so long, but legally once you let your license lapse, they are able to take their time to determine whether or not there should be an approval of your reinstatement request. There is no time limit set in any statutes stating they have to respond within a certain time under CO law. So, if they have some investigation going on, they have a reasonable time to conduct that and how long it takes depends on the complexity of what they are investigating and how many other cases the investigator has. Until you know what is going on, I am afraid a lawyer cannot speed the process up, so hiring one at this point would be a bit premature.