Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I purchased a 2011 Toyota Prius about a month ago at a

Customer Question

I purchased a 2011 Toyota Prius about a month ago at a Toyota dealership in San Diego, Ca. I signed the papers and took the car home that night. However, about 2 weeks later, the dealership called me and said I needed to come back in to sign more docs as the bank did not approve me... and so I did.. Now, almost a whole month later they call me yet again stating I need to come back in again to sign more docs as I still have not yet been approved for a loan on the car. Since I already have another vehicle, I have only driven the new Prius maybe twice since a bought it and its been garaged and untouched otherwise. At this point I upset with all the run around I have gotten and I just want to return the car and not move forward with the purchase anymore. I feel that they should have known weather or not I was qualified to buy the car before letting me take it home. Now that I am still not qualified for an actual load, I am worried that somehow I will get stuck in a situation I am not comfortable with and I just do not want this headache anymore. It no longer feels "meant to be" to me and I do not want the car or the worry about getting a loan anymore. Can I return the car? It seems to me that since I do not have a loan... nwe do not have a contract! Would this be a correct assumption?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

The sale was conditional on a loan. Loan did not come through so contract is void and car may be returned. condition precedent was not met.

Let me know if that is clear. tried to expedite for you.