Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

We have paid $6000 windows to be installed back in January.

Customer Question

We have paid $6000 for new windows to be installed back in January. this company has given us the run around since then. Lying ,making promises and excuses. they finally contacted us yesterday and said they would be here today. They showed up..unloaded half the windows into our garage and the left without communicating that they were leaving. Now we have half the windows in our garage not installed. they will not answer the phone or texts. Please advise
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: We actually paid more than the windows cost because we were going to have them remodel our bathroom so $1000 was for a down payment on that.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how can we get our money back?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Please be patient. It sometimes takes a few minutes for us to get word that a customer has responded.

Is this a local company that you hired?