Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

Just trying to see options to fight Northern Leasing as they

Customer Question

Just trying to see options to fight Northern Leasing as they are suing us
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Our lease expired. I tires to cancel. they kept trying to get payments. We blocked our account and they started calling. Finally got a letter which gave us a couple days to return their equipment and pay $241. Yes, we did not comply till later. We never paid but returned their junk. nasty phone calls etc. then letters saying going to sue etc.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) Have you filed an Answer, yet?

2) Was this a commercial or residential lease?

3) What do you mean your lease expired? Do you mean that it expired but you stayed on? And then left, or, were evicted?

Whatever background facts you can provide would be helpful. Thanks.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.