Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

In March of this year I voluntarily returned my Auto to the

Customer Question

In March of this year I voluntarily returned my Auto to the the manufacturer and it was sold at their auction.Now Chase Bank is asking for the balance of the sake. I don't have the money to pay for the car If I had it,I never would have turned it in. My credit is shot to you no where.What type of arrangement can I make with Chase Bank? In other words,what should I commit to as far a payment is concerned.I don"t plan to file for Bankruptcy.Please help me. Thank You.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

The creditor is likely seeking the deficiency amount (balance of the loan after the vehicle was sold and proceeds applied to debt) from you at this point. If you don't respond or negotiate a repayment of the deficiency amount, then the lender can and likely will sue for the amount due.

Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

As for what to offer the creditor to settle the debt, that really depends on what you can afford.....and if the creditor refuses your offer, you can hold out until the lender sues......and if that happens, you can always consider bankruptcy at that point to rid yourself of the obligation to pay this delinquent amount.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did not authorize you to sign me up for $31 plan for your services.I did authorize you to deduct $5 to get started with getting information about my situation. I cannot afford $31/month for your services. I am always reluctant to use my debit card with offers because I always wind up being charged for something I didn't ask for. I am no longer seeking information from your company because I cannot afford it and I want my $31 refunded to my bank account ending in 5861.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

Hi - you can contact customer service and seek assistance with your account. We experts have no information or access to your account. There should be a help button on your page that you can click on to contact customer service.