Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.

I will try to keep it brief, My Mom was dying back in 2009.

Customer Question

I will try to keep it brief, My Mom was dying back in 2009. We were house shopping for a place that would accomendate myself, my mom, my spouse and my disabled son (he is 24 and had Autism). The company we were using as a real estate agency was also our mortgage company. We were desperate to get Mom settled in and even paid an extra $1800.00 to move in early which never happened and no monies were returned. Any way right before we are ready to settle the loan a d close escrow the Highfills tell us that there is an additional parcel/lot that he will sell us for another $25,000.00. The mortgage company told us we were not suppose to spend one dime until after the close of escrow. The problem is Mom died three weeks after escrow closed, my husband lost his job right after. I struggled to make both mrtg pymts and land payments, after 2 years I just could not make both paymjents (akso a note up till this year I patdx taxes on the [roperty. Now they say they can take my home because if the way the deed was written PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Donna ******
*********** or ***************
Thank You.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can a 2nd lot purchased at the same time as my house, never put in my name (although I paid the property taxes until this year) Can this back room fly by night hookie, deal made at the time of escrow closing allow these people to take my house??? They told me they could and it was due to be auctioned off on the 28th ofthis month June but, they would postpone that and the foreclosure specialist would call me this week July 1st to straightened it out. I got a phone call the following day saying auction happened and I lost my home, this can not be legal HELP PLEASE.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The mort5gage says my home is fine and not in foreclosure, these igit's sound pretty sure

WHat is in the deed that they are relying on? What language?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please call me at *************** in one hour the deed in question is not with my paperwork there is a less then 1/4 sheet blurb they had me sign but it says and tells me nothing look forward to speaking wit you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
home number
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

A different expert will be calling you. However, all of use will need to know what they are relying on when they say "they can take my home because if the way the deed was written".

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I gave my credit card info already would like to know exactly how much will be billed when and what for.

I can ask the moderators to contact you about this. The experts, including me, don't have access to any of your information. When I do this it may lock your question up for a little while but I'll be here all day and as soon it unlocks we can continue.

You may want to try contacting Customer Service through your screen first. I think it works faster that way. Someone won your screen it should say Customer Service or Customer Support in either red or green letter. If you click on that you get a response very quickly.