Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Experience:  Practice of law for 20 years
10707909

My daughter has a 2012 Toyota rav 4. we took it to a Toyota

Customer Question

my daughter has a 2012 Toyota rav 4. we took it to a Toyota dealer for a problem with its break light they told us that it was a faulty break accualtor ? and it would cost approx. 2800.00 to repair, after talking to the mgr we found that we had 100,000 mile powertrain warrenty still in effect, but that wasn't covered. then he said that it something else called a ? can't remember. is there anything we can do. something smells fishy.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 5 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel. I am sorry to hear of this matter. Under a Powertrain Warranty the following are covered under the Brakes- Master cylinder; vacuum or hydraulic brake booster assembly; hydraulic lines, hoses and fittings; brake pedal apply pin; seals and gaskets. (ABS COMPONENTS NOT COVERED.) And so if it was not one of the covered parts, then the warranty is not going to cover it. You can contact Toyota directly and give them all the information the dealer has provided and ask them if it should be covered. Here is a LINK for contacting Toyota.

You will want to know what Exactly the Dealership has told you about the problem. You want them to write it down so you can have it accurately to discuss with Toyota about what your warranty covers.