Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I am a local elected official and have just had a petition

Customer Question

I am a local elected official and have just had a petition for recall started on me for what I believe there are no valid grounds.According to our law I must petition the county judge to review the grounds to see if there are any. I have no idea how to draft a petition and what I should include.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.

First, you should consider retaining a local election lawyer to handle the response. If you proceed on your own, you would want to submit an affidavit in opposition contesting the grounds stated for the recall. I would focus on each ground and contest it with separate sections focusing on clear facts. Identify any deficiencies in petition as far as proof, motive and similar deficiencies. It would be sworn and notarized. You may want local counsel involved should you want it signed by counsel and also include a memo of law for added weight.

Kindly rate me positively.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Quick reply

thank you. Kindly use the rating button to rate me positively. would be much appreciated.

if not showing, replying with good or excellent, works too.