Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I i went to Home Depot to replace my HVAC, they send my to a

Customer Question

i my name is ***** ***** i went to Home Depot to replace my HVAC, they send my to a company whom they (home depot)do all there replacement and repair of HVAC, since i was recommended i think the job right, the first quote was for 9,9950.00 witch was okay, however since i was getting new window, to replace the old, and it ta***** *****er than we anticipated, there as 3 month pass, i want back to Home Depot reschedule the appointment.. they give us another quote for 12,500.00, which said okay too, they replace the HVAC system, but when time came for the inspection , the unite did not pass the inspection, becouse it was too low to the grand, remind you that company is the one that obtain the work permit and they said they in business 25 years, and they told me to remorve the to a higher level it going to cost me, a extra 1,900, .. so i called Home Depot to rectify the problem. how Home Depot is telling me that they can't do anything me because i cancel the contract with Home Depot and didn't fill out the proper paper work,,,,i asked Home Depot who cancel the the contract, they told the company, and who should full out the proper paper work, they said the company should,.. i question is Home Depot be liable, they are the one i went to to have this job done
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

From facts mentioned, they raised price unilaterally and also did not perform. Liability rests with them. You may demand they cover it and threaten to pursue a claim with the BBB, attorney general office and if needed through a lawyer and in civil court.

Kindly rate me positively.