Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience

I received a judgment Reguarding CitiBank this law firm I'm

Customer Question

Hello pearl I received a judgment Reguarding CitiBank this law firm I'm paying monthly to is Zakheim & LaVrar PA out of FL. The settlement letter was for $2890 .92 cents I've been paying them on a regular basis I paid 320 down $85 a month that started back in January 2016 .I called to check my balance just so we would be on the same page and they have added after I sign and notarize it for $480.00 without my knowledge is this complete a room offer or they legit
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet? When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No not at the time I want to know if this is a legitimate law firm is this a real Case, and I would like to file bankruptcy because I am out of work and in school and I can't afford to pay. Supposedly the case number ***** ***** 2D011507CC00173 and it was file MiamiCounty Superior Court
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: I'm in the state of Georgia and supposedly they filed papers in my county Forsyth County docket number 15SC1085 – B
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Please note: (1) If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; and (2) I answer most questions within the hour. However, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and JA’s site disclaimers presented to you earlier.

Answer will follow in the pane below in a short while….

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

1. The law firm appears to be legit as the attorneys are : Battaglino, Richard W. (Attorney Bar Number:

587931) and Zakheim, Scott Charles (Attorney Bar #397180) and they are showing to be licensed by the FL Bar.

2. Not sue what you mean by this: " is this complete a room offer"??

3. You can find out if there is a case filed against you in Miami Superior Court by typing in your name at this link.

4. You can find out if there is case filed against you in Forsyth at this link by typing in your name.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

As far as why the balance increased; there is no way to know without asking the law firm to explain; preferably in writing. If they fail to do so, then you could file a declaratory judgment action to get the court to rule on the issue; but it is probably not practical for the $480.00 that is at stake. Rather it would be better to nail down a final settlement agreement and date in writing and pay them and get a release signed so that the matter is concluded.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time and we can close out this question. Thank you.