TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

What legal recourse do I have after purchasing a home and

Customer Question

What legal recourse do I have after purchasing a home and not being given the pamphlet "Protecting Your Family From Lead", nor being made aware of any possible danger of the possibility of lead in the home prior to purchasing my residence.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to help if I can. Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct any necessary research, and type a response. Thank you.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again.

The law states in part:

(3) Civil liability

Any person who knowingly violates the provisions of this section shall be jointly and severally liable to the purchaser or lessee in an amount equal to 3 times the amount of damages incurred by such individual.

42 U.S.C.A. § 4852d (West).

Accordingly, you can sue the sellers (and likely their broker) for 3 times the amount of damages that you suffered as a result of lead paint, such as health costs, lead paint removal, etc. My suggestion is to contact a local attorney who can make a demand upon the sellers and their broker.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!