Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

On Saturday 6/25/16, I unwittingly signed a contract panel

Customer Question

On Saturday 6/25/16, I unwittingly signed a contract for solar panel work for $35000. I thought I was simply signing that I understood what the terms of a future contract would be, not an actual commitment as yet to go ahead. I explained I wanted to study the whole proposal, talk to people that have this system installed, etc before I would agree to proceed.
The contract was a bifolded piece of paper showing on page 1 the work that would be done and the price. He then flipped to page 4 which showed a number of conditions they would not be responsible for and things I would be responsible for, and at the bottom, I signed. I now see it said above where I signed that " have read the terms and conditions and warranties provided on the back of this contract".
Only after he left did I flip open the bifold to reveal the real Terms and Conditions, and the statement "congratulations on your purchase..."
I want to stop this contract until I can properly evaluate. What are my options? Can I cancel this contract within the 3-day period following 6/25? If so would that be 3 business days, ie do I have through 6/28 ?
Jay Tanzer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Where were you when you signed the contract? Were you at your house, or at the business?