Kim Courtney
Kim Courtney,
Experience:  Founder/Member at Food Business Association

My storage locker was auctioned late payments, without a

Customer Question

My storage locker was auctioned for three late payments, without a notice. We are attempting to contact the buyer but nobody will be of any help. Can we stop them from taking it? My wife is at the locker now hoping to talk to the buyer.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Kim Courtney replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I am happy to help.

So sorry to hear about this. Legally the storage facility has the right to sell the items, unfortunately. But if you are able to get in touch with the buyer, that is fabulous. I like the idea of going there to talk to them. You might have to pay them back what they paid, or more, which you may be willing to do to get your stuff back.

Technically, legally, the buyer has the right to those items. But hopefully they will be reasonable. Best to speak with them with the understanding that they have the legal right to those items, and not get confrontational, for the best chance of making this work.

Best of luck to you. I know it is very stressful.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this before ranking me. Positive feedback will ensure that I get paid for my work with you.

Thank you!

Hi there, I didn't hear back from you. I see that this question is still open.

If you don't have any follow up questions, please close the question with positive feedback so that the system doesn't keep your money and so I get paid for my work with you.

Thank you,