Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.

I erroneously disputed favorable credit stories on my credit

Customer Question

I erroneously disputed favorable credit histories on my credit profile and were deleted by the credit bureaus resultin in my worst credit profile of " no scores" from all 3 credit bureaus. How can I have the credit bureaus put the favorable credit histories back that I erroneouly disputed to be deleted? Please help we are trying to refinace our mortgage from 6%.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Have you contacted the credit reporting agencies about the error? If yes, what did they say?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That they cannot put them back once disputed and deleted.
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Typically, and by law, they only remove inaccurate or erroneous information. How did they end up removing accurate and correct information?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I erroneously disputed them and had them deleted.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry I left my phone at home. Im using i pad.
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information. If the information deleted was done in error, and you have no objection to restoring the erroneously deleted information, there is no reason why they could not put the positive information back on your report.

If they refuse you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

See the following link to file a complaint online:

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
According to credit bureaus they cannot restore credit history once disputed and affirmed by the creditors which in case were. When I called the creditors to restore info in question, they did not have to do so because they were part of a bankruptcy n way too old. Now we dont have any credit scores because of this boo boo on my part. I did not intend to get them deleted but only disputed missimg payments.
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

If the information was erroneously removed and your credit report is no longer accurate then you will need to file a complaint with the FTC to have the erroneously deleted information restored.