TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

IF MY cONDO =DOCUMENTS WERE WRITEN BEFORE THE fEDERAL

Customer Question

iF MY cONDO =DOCUMENTS WERE WRITEN BEFORE THE fEDERAL CONSUMER Protection
lAWS AND NO CHANGES WERE Recordered ur MADE in them or voted on by owners........
Has there been any Statutes put in force in The State of Florida that would take away my
rights of claim for Debt collection under them different then what is in my Deeded Documents?
Debt collector says I am obligated to follow Federal Rules .! I question That.!
Ken Van Cott
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

If the deeded documents provide that you may collect the debt in a certain way which is now prohibited by federal law, then I'm sorry to say that mean you are indeed prohibited. Florida law is irrelevant in this situation because any law passed by the Florida legislatures which contradicts federal law is not enforceable. Federal law trumps state law, and also written contracts, deeds, etc. with regard to debt collection.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!