Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

Nys charged me $250 at a weekly rate based on hear say of

Customer Question

nys charged me $250 at a weekly rate for years based on hear say of the other party. $4700 later in a lawyer and it was settled I am to pay minimum payments of50 a month because weve proved I was on public assistance during this time. now its said I owe this large amount when really it was proven already. why the previous judgement did not adjust and
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm a struggling mom who over came drug addiction faught to get custody of my kids back and now graduated and sober I can not seem to get a straight answer out of people I have $40 in my account and I spent it on u! plz in good faith of a Christian struggling mom. me and the kids been threw so much but I'm seeking employment homeless now and have these people threatning and actually arresting me when I cant pay this amount the judge clearly saw I was not making been stuck 6 yrs now
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please go to the NY legal aid office, since they handle cases for people who have no funds to pay an attorney.
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####