Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

We were in Hawaii; offered free, served a bottle of

Customer Question

We were in Hawaii; offered free facials, served a bottle of champagne during the hour+ process. We were impressed with the cosmetics used. We asked the price....$15,000. I told my husband it was up to him. He hesitated and then said yes. I was given a form to sign that listed the products we were going to be shipped to our home in NV but it did not include a breakdown of each product's cost or the total amount. Plus, I did not receive a copy of form nor did my husband get a receipt for the $5,000 amount on his credit card. We flew back 3 days later & the products had yet to arrive. We realized we had been unduly influenced & decided to cancel our order. Luckily I did have the salesman's email & told him we were not in the position to take on this debt and that we would refuse the delivery. We refused the delivery 4 days later. That evening I received a response to my email with a copy of the form I signed which stated I could only exchange the products but not return. We have canceled the credit card and will put a claim in to deny payment. What laws protect us & what should we do as he said in his email that he would return the products to us & continue to charge our card the additional $10,000 (which exceeds the credit limit on my husband's card). This is not a joint credit card & I'm the only one who signed the form. Help.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.

You may contest the charges as unreasonable, not authorized, resulting from misrepresentation and fraud.

You can contest with company and with credit card company. That process is called a chargeback.

If needed you can also involve a consumer protection lawyer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. You have confirmed my contention that the business practice of plying with liquor was unethical,etc.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We will remain firm. I will respond to his mail this intention as well as promise him Iwill follow up with correspondence to the corporation that produces the products as well as complaints to the BBB & Consumer Protection Agency. Thanks again.

very welcome. Kindly rate me positively. Have a nice weekend.