Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I bought a used car in 2013. It has had some serious issues

Customer Question

I bought a used car in 2013. It has had some serious issues that are ongoing. I have been dealing with 3 different dealerships with this. When originally purchased, I had the car inspected by an outside garage. They found the car to be O.K., but pointed out that the rear quarter panel had been repainted. When I asked the original dealership about it, they produced a CarFax report that said the car was accident free and that there was a warrantied repair on the clear coat on the back quarter panel by the dealership. Many problems have ensued since purchase of the car and I have had a lot of run around by numerous chevy dealerships. Currently, the car is in the shop for a misdiagnosed ongoing repair that has now turned into a "safety issue" and extensive work is being done on the car. The technician at the current dealership doing repair took apart the wrong side of the car and revealed that the car had been in a wreck and that the rear end of the car is not straight most likely causing the issues at hand.
After talking with friends about this, it turns out that at least one other has had purchased a car with similar situation from the same dealership with a car that was wrecked, but not disclosed and covered up with a warrantied repaired. I feel cheated and I would never have purchased the vehicle if I knew that it was involved in an accident.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?