socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

This is a rather complicated question. In Illinois, can a

Customer Question

This is a rather complicated question. In Illinois, can a Doctor own a Clinic and call it a different name than his if he doesn't have a DBA? What are the consequences of not getting a DBA?
Example: Dr. Smith has 100% ownership in the Davis Clinics Illinois. He calls his four Clinics the Davis Clinics Illinois. To complicate matters more the Davis Clinics are under the umbrella of a non profit called "Davis Foundation" and Dr. Davis earns $400,000 per year from the foundation.
Thanks
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 months ago.

225 ILCS 60/26(4) provides: "A licensee shall include in every advertisement for services regulated under this [Illinois Medical Practice Act of 1987] his or her title as it appears on the license or the initials authorized under this Act."
(Source: P.A. 97-622, eff. 11-23-11.)

So, the answer is generally, no, to the extent that the physician actually advertises for services using a name different than that displayed on the physician's license.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!