Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney,16 years experience in consumer protection areas
19958803

I purchased some kitchen cabinets recently. The design

Customer Question

I purchased some kitchen cabinets recently. The design consultant selected the cabinets using a drawing with measurements done by the contractor. When they were delivered one cabinet clearly does not fit. I would like a refund for the cabinet, but he refused to acknowledge me. I went to the store to try and get a refund. He told me it was the contractor's fault and my fault because that is what I ordered. He then ordered me to leave the store
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If this is a situation where the contractor made an incorrect measurement, then he is liable for the cost of any replacement cabinet or refunding your money.

.

If the consultant entered the information incorrectly, but the measurements were correct, then he is at fault and he is on the hook for a refund or to order the correct cabinet at his cost..

.

So you have to track down where the mistake occurred to know who is liable here and can then file a small claims court action against them if they don't refund your money or get the correct cabinet installed.

.

.

thanks