Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney

Ilive in Lochbuie Colorado, 02/15/16 my furnace did not work

Customer Question

Ilive in Lochbuie Colorado, 02/15/16 my furnace did not work I called a heating and air company who came out and said it was not something that could be repaired and so they installed a furnace $3641.00 we were glad to have it paid for it in full but they had to disconnect the air conditioning unit and drain the freon stating they would be back on a warmer day to get it back together and they did about a week or so they returned but could not get it to work...finally one of the repairmen told us that the furnace installer had drilled thru the coil and it was $3000.00 to replace it. We said not our problem you broke it" they agreed but wanted to try to weld it instead we said ok but they had to quarantee it they agreed,,,it did not fix the problem...they said..unit too longer uses the correct kind of freon..etc then they removed our 4 ton unit with a 2.5 unit will not cool the service man was here yesterday stating our house did not have the proper air exchange..wrong allergy filters in the ducts ..said the unit they took away was not a 4 tons (later apologized) but I want to know how long do we have to keep this up my house was 90 degrees today and the unit ran all day. please advise
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

If the company will not or cannot get the job done, you can bring an action in court for the cost to have the unit repaired/replaced. You should get a couple of estimates first so you know how much that will be, and therefore know how much to request in damages. In the meantime, if you can't wait for the outcome of a lawsuit, you can get the unit repaired/replaced from a different vendor and recover reimbursement through the courts.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I'll continue to provide assistance. If I have addressed your issue and/or pointed you in a positive direction, please let me know that, as well. Also, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is the only way attorneys on this site are credited for the help we provide.

Good luck!

Attorney 1

Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 3 months ago.

If there's anything else I can do for you, just let me know. I'm here to help.

Attorney 1