CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.

Iwant to know how to stop my Debit card from being used by

Customer Question

Iwant to know how to stop my Debit card from being used by the "Home Cash Code Program.
I just found out that it is a scam and I filled out the form to learn to work at home for this program.
Edythe ******** ************
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Your best course of action is to contact your bank right away. They may be able to assist you in reversing some of these charges (some banks provide this protection to their customers, but not all - it is important to notify your bank right away and ask).

In most cases, your bank is going to want to cancel your debit card and issue you a new one (you should receive a new card in 1-3 days), it is a small inconvenience having to change numbers with your other non-fraudulent services, but it is the best way to protect your bank account from other charges (it is rare that these fraudulent charges limit themselves to just one service, so it is best to cancel the card).

I would also recommend reporting the fraudulent business to your State Attorney General's Office (you can do this on your state attorney general's website - do a search for "[YOUR STATE] Attorney General Consumer Complaint).

I would also recommend that you look into protecting your identity to prevent identity theft, review this FTC website for assistance with this: