Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
18321761

I had unauthorized transactions on my credit card, approx.

Customer Question

I had unauthorized transactions on my credit card, approx. $9000. after nearly 3 months investigating bank claims the charges are authorized but refuses to provide me with details of the investigation. What can I do and is it possible the bank never fully investigated.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

If you haven't already done so, you need to report the unauthorized charges to the police department and give them whatever evidence you have about this. Then make copies of the report and your evidence.

You can talk to your bank which should give you an explanation for their denial. Then you can appeal their decision and provide them with the police report and any evidence you have that might change their ruling.

You can also appeal the CFPB decision and report the bank to your state Attorney General's Office.

Finally, you can involve a lawyer.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.