Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

I have an interesting dilemma in which an Auto Body shop is

Customer Question

I have an interesting dilemma in which an Auto Body shop is claiming I owe them 1,800.00 dollars. For additional repairs done to my car back in November 2015. The insurance money sent me two checks. One for 2,415.80 for the Body Shop estimate. Then I received a check for 1,800.00 when I got the news that it was going to take longer than 7 days to repair. The total fee for the rental car was 1,900.00. I thought the 1,800.00 check was for the rental reimbursement. Then I paid in full what the body shop said I owed. Which was 2,415.80. They released my car and I went on my way. But the body shop claims now that those 1,800.00 dollars was for the additional repair cost. After I already signed and paid the full amount I was told by them.
My question is, do I have to pay the auto body shop what they claim I owe. Even after my car was released? The insurance company claims the case is closed for them. And if there was a miscommunication it's between myself and the shop.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  JustAnswer replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for posting your question. We’re matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

Does the insurance company say the check was meant for the shop?