Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in Consumer Protection law, in particular construction law and auto repo law
20355756

Purchased vehicle a month ago. Received payment book from

Customer Question

Purchased vehicle a month ago. Received payment book from bank after they called and confirmed my information. The bank has even posted on my credit report the auto loan being opened. Dealership called and said that bank changed their mind and told them to send them a check back for money. I asked the dealership for what the bank said in writing an he said he didn't have anything. I just called the bank and they say it shows my account was paid off and asked did the dealer find another bank to finance me. I said no. The representative looked for notes on the account and there was none and told me to contact the dealership. What do I do?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 5 months ago.

Hello there --

-

Did you take delivery of the car and now the dealer wants it back?

-

MARY

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have had the vehicle since 15 may. Have tags and payment book. The bank now says the balance is zero but they reported the account with the balance on my credit report and everything.

Hello again Erica --

-

ANd what did the dealership say about the bank's response and position ? Have you contacted them yet about what was said by the bank?

-

MARY

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Dealership said bank tole them to send check for the loan money they gave them because they changed their mind on the loan.

Hello again -

-

This is not valid and as a consumer you are entitled to a written reason for a denial of credit under the Federal Trade Commission laws. My suggestion to you here is to tell the dealer that you are going to file a written complaint with the Texas Attorney General's Office regarding their unfair business tactics and you will file an additional complaint with the Federal Trade Commission for unfair and deceptive business practices and untruthful use of the credit process. My suggestion is that you sit down and put this in writing to the dealer and at the same time you should contact a local attorney so that they will not try to repossess the car while you are making your lawful complaints to the various agencies. They are required to either give you a good reason WHY they have done this or they are required to make you whole again -- either in this car or another car. You can find the Texas Attorney General's office online and the FTC website is at ftc.gov. You should be able to file written complaints through both websites.

-

MARY

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I asked for the proof in writing and he said he didn't have anything from the bank and would call them. I asked for the number so I could call and the number he gave me was a 800 number of just advertising ads. So how do I ensure this is legit because the bank says I have no balance on my account and the only note is task complete.

Hello again --

-

As I said above, you have to file complaints with the TExas Attorney Generals office and the Federal Trade Commission. They have investigators who look into these matters and if you are being given the run around they will get to the bottom of it. But they do take some time to investigate such matters and that is why your best bet is to speak with a local attorney to get an attorney involved so they do not try to repossess the car while you are trying to get these matters straightened out.

-

MARY

Hello again --

-

Are there any further questions that I can answer for you on these issues? I am happy to answer any follow up questions or concerns that you may have. If not, can you please press a positive rating above in the star ratings section so that I will be paid for my time assisting you? We do not receive paychecks and are paid only if you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star above in the ratings section. While it may have been just an oversight on your part to review the answer and leave without pressing a positive rating above, the website keeps your entire payment as profit and pays the expert nothing unless you press the middle star or the fourth star or fifth star to the right of the middle star above. Also, please note that even when you press a positive rating, your question will not close and you can return for another 6 months to ask additional follow up questions for no additional charge.

-

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!