Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
18321761

What can I do when my credit card information was used five

Customer Question

What can I do when my credit card information was used five times in one day at the same home depot to run up over 10000.00. The police have no interest either does home depot. I tried to file for fraud and forgery and got nowhere. Dan Maxwell
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

Did you contact your card carrier and report the unauthorized use? Why were the police not interested?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

The first thing you ought to do, which I do not see that you have done here, is to contact your credit card carrier or bank and report the unauthorized use of your card. Cancel your card so that no further charges can be made and get them to issue you a new one. Tell them that you want to open up a dispute because you did not make these charges. If you call your bank or carrier right away, generally they will reimburse you for the unauthorized use.

You should also go back to the police. I don't know why they are not interested in your matter, but your bank will want you to at least file a report and to see a copy of that report so that they can go after the perpetrator if possible.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.