How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56246
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sold my cousin a automobile for $5000 he have not paid me

Customer Question

Sold my cousin a automobile for $5000 he have not paid me $1200 of the 5000 he paid 3800 as of today only $1200 remaining balance but I signed the car over to him he owned the car out right. Can I put a lien on the car. This happen in the state of SC
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You can do so through the dmv. You may also file a civil lawsuit against him.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave him the title
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You would need to sue then and get a court order first and a money judgment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I need to go to get the sue paper?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Small claims court or the civil court in your county. Kindly rate the answer positively.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions