Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 Years Practice in Litigation, Products Liability, Intellectual Property and Governmental Relations
12711280

I bought a 2007 Chevy Avalanche about 90 days ago and on

Customer Question

I bought a 2007 Chevy Avalanche about 90 days ago and on Sunday my transmission completely went out. the vehicle had 177K on it when i bought it. I havn't even registered it yet or even made my second payment. the costs of the repair is over $3500. Do i have any ground here?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 8 months ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of experience in litigation. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

Unfortunately, you likely do not have any recourse here since the vehicle is used. Lemon laws only apply to new vehicles. With the age and mileage on the vehicle, you purchase it as is unless the seller has made proclamations or disclosures or assurances that would equate to fraud in selling the vehicle to you (EX: The vehicle has a new transmission installed within the last 1000 miles). If a statement of that nature is made, then you have a proper cause of action. If not, and there are no other ties to fraud, then you likely don't have any recourse.

I wish I had better news for you here.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Please also rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE STARS) on the ratings bar on your end so I can receive credit for my response from the site.

Thank you and best wishes!

Did you have any other questions or concerns?

Just checking to see if you have any other questions or concerns here. I want you to be as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks