Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

AT&T continues to overcharge me and mobile phone service. I

Customer Question

AT&T continues to overcharge me for Internet and mobile phone service. I have been in contact with them each of the past 4 months. They take in-house notes which promise to resolve the issue only to have my bill go higher each month.
May: $362.00 they took off $99.00 after another call to them.
June: $272.00 (haven't called yet).
I tried the PUC website, but too complicated.
Can someone please help?
Frances Sequeira (###) ###-####
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
AT&T has pretty much the worst customer service anywhere. Most times when I call I spend 2-3 hours on the phone and have a hard time getting anyone who speaks English that I can understand clearly. Other than the PUC, the other recourse you have against them if they will not permanently resolve this issue and stop the overcharging would be that you would be able to call the Attorney General's Office and file a complaint with their consumer protection unit for unfair and deceptive practices.
If the Attorney General cannot resolve the issue, your sole remaining option would be that you would need to sue them in small claims court, where no attorney is necessary, and seek to recover your damages from them for their continuous over billing and also you can seek up to triple damages for their unfair and deceptive practices for continuing to bill you for more than agreed upon even after receiving notice of the issue being their fault.