Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.

Nov 2015 a vendor on consignment wrote a receipt to sell a

Customer Question

Nov 2015 a vendor on consignment wrote a receipt to sell a telescope device worth $800. He told me it and I would receive 637 dallors ...this was Apriil of 2016.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking. Also, please clarify the situation, as I'm a little unsure based on what you wrote so far.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In Florida last Nov. at an astronomy convention, a vender from NY ...Camera Concetps (who comes every year to this event) agreed to sell a telescope mount on consignment. I have a written contrast that the item would be sold for $800 minus their commision. In Feb 2016, I was told it was sold and the individual who bought it was paying if off in installments. That by the end of March 2016, it would be completed ... payments. More delays results. In April I was told I would receive $637. Several weeks no check. I then filed Consumer fraud both in Fl and NY. Still waiting for those to work through the system.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again. Thanks for clarifying the situation.

How can I help you? Are you trying to determine what you can do aside from filing those complaints?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again.

You can sue the vendor in small claims court in Florida. The reason you can sue in Florida is because the deal was made with the vendor while the vendor was physically in Florida. You can sue by visiting the local small claims court and asking the court clerk for the required forms. You then fill them out, file them, and ask if the Sheriff can work to get the defendant served himself being that the defendant is located out of state. Fortunately, serving a company is generally fairly easy because you can find out who to serve from the NY Department of State:

The person to serve is the registered agent.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Different expert here. I see that you asked for a new expert but I've reviewed all of the information given by the other expert, T.J., and it is all correct.

Did you have a different question or was there something you still feel was unanswered?