Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I think I was scammed by a company or fraudulent company

Customer Question

I think I was scammed by a company or fraudulent company claiming to be American Cash Rewards sweepstakes they had me pay $(500 claiming I won the sweepstakes but I needed to pay the money for a registration fee and a stamp that has to go on the check before they can bring it to me.
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I'm in Arkansas they are in Jamaica
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No mam
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: I have their phone numbers a couple of them ???
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Taylor replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I want to welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Expert:  Taylor replied 4 months ago.

You need to contact the better business bureau and report the name of the company and the phone number. Next, you should try and cancel the payment and tell your bank it was fraudulent. hopefully you can get your money back.

Expert:  Taylor replied 4 months ago.

What is your question exactly?