LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Research Attorney; Private Practice; Attorney Mentor; Mediator
63726236

I need to cancel this contract with prime solutions they

Customer Question

I need to cancel this contract with prime solutions they said I could cancel 5 business days by midnight from the date the contract was signed I signed it 6/6/16 do I still have time to cancel is the midnight the Friday before or Monday nite??
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Florida has a cooling off period for certain contracts whereby a consumer can void/rescind a contract.

Generally this right is extended to timeshares, home solicitation contracts, and other services (ie ongoing services such as gym memberships)

There is generally a 3 day right of rescission. This is measured by business days. So if one signed a contract on June 6, and the contract stated 5 business days, that would allow cancellation before june 11, midnight.

Additionally the right must be stated in the contract.

So if there is a 5 day right to contract, it would run from the date the contract was signed, then add 5 business days.

For more information please see:

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/main/18c35b713adbd1ad85256cc90053b3bc!opendocument

http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/TFBConsum.nsf/0a94a6dc28e76ae58525700a005d0d53/6a653200b74c8a2085257405007a3ac3!OpenDocument#However%2C%20even%20a%20written%20contract

Often times a business will allow a person to pay a termination fee to end the contract.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay so if June 6th signed was a Monday does that mean I still have time to cancel 5 business by the following Monday midnight???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please respond
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry - the email would not let me access your question for several minutes;

Yes, that is correct, as weekends and holidays would not count.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

If there is any specification in the contract as to how notice must be provided, then it must be complied with in order to be effective.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to review the above?