Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

I asked a question about the Eaton Group and I had another

Customer Question

I asked a question about the Eaton Group and I had another one about the creditor which is Chase Bank that eaton Group is representing was in my bankruptcy which was a private loan how do I handle eaton group because should Chase Bank have contacted me first before the eaton group
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It does not matter who is representing Chase, if the loan was from Chase and was dismissed in your bankruptcy, then Eaton and nobody else has a right to collect it. Chase did not have a duty to notify you and once they write these loans off they send them all in large groups (maybe thousands at a time) to junk debt collectors like Eaton. It is Eaton you need to notify they will be violating the bankruptcy code and also the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act if they do not cease and desist trying to collect the discharged loan.