Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

Nov. 6 2015 daughter had accident with her car. Monday Nov.

Customer Question

Nov. 6 2015 daughter had accident with her car. Monday Nov. 9 towed to auto body in Portland, Or per insurance company. Next Day insurance company adjuster totalled vehicle. Car was stripped of everything of velue while in the auto body secure yard. We were asking for second estimate and had signed nothing. Auto body shop then promised to reinburse us for everything stolen. Have now refused to keep their work. Said we signed a repair order saying they would not be responsible to any thing stolen or damaged while car was in their custody. We never signed anything. Our signature had to have been forged. Now it is a mess. They say they will pay the deductible for items stolen but the personal items are not covered by comprehensive. The only item that could be covered is the plate covering the gear shift that was broken and b adly scratched when thieves attempted to remove it.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I could assist?