Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I purchased a new heating and cooling system from Sears

Customer Question

I purchased a new heating and cooling system from Sears for my house built in 2005. The tech said old system was no good even though previous techs from other companies did not tell me this. I purchased this unit for$7,112.06 . The unit stopped working three or two months after purchase,zI have had four repairs from Sears and the unit is still not working properly. Two weeks ago the unit stopped cooling and someone came out and supposedly fixed it. I was also told that unit needed a part not put on but hinted that they were going to let my one year warranty play out. On June We'd, June 8, 2016 the unit stopped cooling again and Sears sent out another repairman, system worked one night and now, Thrusday June 9,2016 system has stopped again.
None of the people sent out by Sears would give me an invoice. They also refused to tell me why the unit wasn't working properly, but, I learned today that they told the main Sears office that sent them to to do the repairs that the problem was a dirty filter, which is not true because we change those regularly at the advice and suggestion of information gathered online before we invested in my new home .
I have all paperwork and names of people I have contacted about this. I have missed two days from school as a teacher to wait for the repairman to come in the past
I am very afraid that Sears repair people is trying to let my warranty run out and charge me for future repairs on this defective unit
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?