LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  I have more than 25 years experience in the legal profession.
15277592

I purchased a brand new car and the dealer lost the second

Customer Question

I purchased a brand new car and the dealer lost the second key. Now every time I try to speak to someone I hit the wall and getting nowhere. I live in Massachusetts what are my rights?
Thank you
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon Boris,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You were entitled to two keys with the car. Rather that beating your head against the wall in fighting with the dealer over the lost key----just go buy a new key from a locksmith that can order and make the key and then present the bill to the dealership. If they don't pay then you sue them in small claims court. It really is that straightforward.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good evening,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug