Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

My car got reposesed i have the money to pay what was due

Customer Question

my car got reposesed i have the money to pay what was due but company Toyota demands I pay total full amount due to get car back do I have any other options I can look into
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Ma 2015
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: i was behind in payments (Toyota) I was making monthly payments but hadnt aught up on the back payments I owed. I was supposee to pay something on the 5th but was working at getting the whole back due amount when I ent to make the payment It said I had to sent via Western Union i didnt have enough that day but did Monday but because of a death in family forgot and Tuesday they came and took the car. I called and they say I cannot pay back balance but I would have to pay for the whole amount of car or get it refinaned thru someone else
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: OK
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. Have you reviewed the finance agreement? If so, does it allow the finance company to accelerate and demand the full amount owed?