Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

After going to jiffy lube oil change within 5 days my engine

Customer Question

after going to jiffy lube for an oil change within 5 days my engine has locked up, there was no oil in my vehicle. I need jiffy lube's insurance information
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I went to jiffy lube to get an oil change on 5/24/16, on 5/29/16 as I was driving my van shut off. the mechanic looked at my van, he said my engine is locked, he has given me a summary. jiffy lube has sent someone out to check the van out
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: i have pictures of jiffy lube sending someone out also pictures of the oil filter that was on my van. this is a company vehicle so i am losing profit as long as my van is down; company Favour Transportations, LLC
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: Indiana
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Each Jiffy Lube is independently owned, so you need to sue the Jiffy Lube company where the negligent work was performed. When they sent out someone to look at the van, what have they told you?