Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I have been attempting to get an audit completed years.

Customer Question

I have been attempting to get an audit completed for 2 years. Finally completed but in the meantime my policy was cancelled and Workers Comp Board has levied a $20M fine. I was told that my policy would be reinstated but it was cancelled. I need help
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I started a new business in June 2014. I was 68 years old. The broker overinsured me and I told auditors and broker that the premiums were excessive. They dragged their feet. I went to a employee lease back firm and they provided WC Ins from Oct 2014 thru Dec 2014. They dropped me due to my size. I was told NYSIF would reinstate after audit which took more than a year. I presently have one employee.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: New York
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this matter?