Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs exp with Consumer Law issues

I received a check on the account of Agridient, Inc. and a

Customer Question

I received a check on the account of Agridient, Inc. and a letter with the letterhead of BILLTRUST FINANCIAL INCORPORATED. The check is for $3,750.00 and the instructions are to get in touch with their claims agent to start the claims process, the check is to help me pay for the processing fee. I am to get $250,000.00. Sounds like a scam to me.
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: I don't know. In a box behind yours is another box with RobertJDFL, Lawyer who says he is online now. Maybe I should ask him. Thanks, anyway.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. This is, indeed, a scam that you have been contacted about. It is one that has been around quite a while and the scammers are overseas and their goal is to trick you into depositing this "check" which appears valid and then sending your own money to them for alleged "processing fees" or taxes. The problem is that the check is not good, but by the time the banking system kicks it out, you, and others they have targeted, would have already sent money to these criminals. There are no winnings at the end of the process, only a scam. You can report the scam to the FTC or to the Postal Inspectors, since they have illegally used the postal system. This is the Postal Service contact information: 1-***-***-**** or online at

I don't know if you have facebook, but there is a warning posted on FB about this scam. You can see it at:

There are many other posts online discussing this particular scam.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 6th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.