Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My boss has pre-trial today on another case does he need to

Customer Question

My boss has pre-trial today on another case does he need to go ?CS1
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry...what do you mean "pre trial on another case"?

Is there a hearing scheduled in the court?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
On another case his corporation is suing an atty for mal practice his atty just called him like an hour ago that there is a pre-trial conference at 2pmDoes my boss have to attend ?CS1

The attorney needs to attend...he can not represent the corporation (unless he is licensed to practice before the state bar). So his corp needs to have an attorney attend. He can attend if he likes...but can not appear and represent the corporation...again, only a licensed attorney can appear to represent a corporation